What do you wear to a beach wedding? The truth is there are limitless options. But I wanted to highlight this perfect floaty dress I purchased on Amazon that fit the bill flawlessly. Before we get into my dress, here are some pointers if you’re looking for what to wear to a beach wedding.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on these links and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
In this post you'll find:
What to Wear to a Beach Wedding
For a hot summer wedding on a beach, a dress that is light, airy, and comfortable would be perfect. Here are some features to consider when choosing a dress for a beach wedding:
- Fabric: Choose a light and breathable fabric like cotton, linen, chiffon, or silk that will keep you cool and comfortable in the heat.
- Length: A knee-length or maxi dress would be appropriate for a beach wedding. Avoid dresses that are too short or too long which could make it difficult to walk in the sand.
- Style: Opt for a dress with a flowy and loose silhouette that allows for ease of movement and breathability. Consider dresses with a high-low hemline or a slit to help you move around more easily.
- Color: Choose a light or pastel color like white, peach, lavender, or blue. Bright colors and bold prints are also great choices for a beach wedding.
- Accessories: Pair the dress with comfortable flat sandals or wedges that you can walk in on the sand. A sun hat and sunglasses can also provide protection from the sun while completing the beachy look.
Overall, the perfect dress for a hot summer wedding on a beach should be comfortable, light, and flowy, with light and pastel colors and breathable fabric. And if you’re wondering can you wear cream to a wedding, the answer is a resounding yes! Beige or cream or any light color is perfect for a beach wedding. You won’t compete with the bride if you keep the style nice and light.
Colors Not to Wear to a Wedding
There are a few colors that are considered inappropriate to wear to a wedding. These include:
- White: It is generally considered a faux pas to wear white to a wedding, as it is traditionally the color of the bride’s wedding dress. Wearing white can be seen as an attempt to upstage the bride or draw attention away from her on her special day.
- Black: While black is a stylish and elegant color for formal occasions, it is not the best choice for a wedding. Black is often associated with funerals and mourning, and wearing it to a wedding can be seen as disrespectful or inappropriate.
- Red: Red is a bold and attention-grabbing color that can be seen as too bold or inappropriate for a wedding. It is also sometimes associated with passion and romance, which can be seen as inappropriate for a wedding ceremony.
- Neon or bright colors: While bright and bold colors are fun and trendy, they can be overwhelming or distracting at a wedding. It is best to avoid wearing neon or overly bright colors that could be seen as attention-seeking or inappropriate for a formal event.
- Anything too revealing: Even though you’re attending a beach wedding, it is important to dress appropriately and avoid anything too revealing or risqué. Avoid dresses that are too short or tight or anything that shows too much cleavage or skin. Keep things airy and floaty when choosing beach wedding dress options.
Overall, it is best to avoid anything too attention-grabbing, revealing, or bold for a wedding, and to stick to more subdued, elegant, and appropriate attire.
I bought this dress to wear to a wedding in Jamaica then went with something else when I realized the wedding would go on until nighttime. This is the perfect summer wedding dress to wear to an outdoor wedding, bonus points if your wedding is in a garden setting or on the beach!
I am totally in love with anything off the shoulder and this dress fits perfectly in with the off-shoulder trend. It has a slip underneath it so you won’t feel overexposed in the sunlight and the material isn’t see-through.
Since I did purchase it from Amazon and their sizing can be tricky when the clothing is sourced in China, I bought the biggest size they had at the time which is a 2x. My arms are big and can easily get pinched in close-fitting sleeves.
I love the little flirty sleeves and the split on the front of the dress making it airy and breezy on a hot summer wedding day.
It is the perfect length for a beachy wedding since the hem of the dress won’t be pulling too much in the sand thanks to the high-low design. Beach wedding attire for female guests can be very tricky, should you go formal? But it’s on a beach! This dress does casual but wedding very well.
If it’s a beach wedding then there’s no need for heels. This red sandal paired perfectly with the dress and would be great on the beach! It’s handmade by one of my favourite local shoe designers however this sandal would be perfect as well, picking up on the red floral design of the dress.
I bet you didn’t see that coming! The back is undoubtedly my favourite part of the dress. Adds a little sexy to an already very pretty floral feminine flirty dress.
I really do love this dress. I paired it with simple accessories, a stack of silver bangles, a cocktail ring, and my favourite Jamaica necklace. My wash and go was behaving so right as well. I love when it behaves itself!
Boho Dresses to Wear to a Wedding
If you’re still wondering what to wear to a casual beach wedding I found some other maxi dresses that would be perfect! Click on any of the pictures to be taken to the product page.
Here’s a similar one to begin with. It has the same backless look though it isn’t floral. The pretty blue makes it perfect for a beach wedding.
This pink and white print dress is for those that prefer a structured look. It carries over my theme of bright and floral while showing off your shape and allowing you to wear your favourite pumps if you want.
My choice for a fun, flirty boho dress with tassels. This dress screams beach and lends itself to a late-afternoon wedding that will go into the night with its classic elegance.
And a wrap dress is perfect for a summer wedding or any other type of outdoor party. It’s a classic style that’s always in my closet. This green dress is gorgeous and will look perfect in your beach photos.
And finally a paisley print dress. Again, perfect for a garden wedding or outdoor wedding with the off-shoulder design with a light airy feel.
All these dresses are from Cupshe. I love this store! I hope you love these dresses as much as I do and selected one for your upcoming beach wedding. They’re all perfect choices and will go well with a sunhat and simple accessories.
Are you inspired? Have you found the answer to what to wear to a beach wedding? Like the choices I listed for summer wedding attire? Let me know which dress is your favourite and please share this post if you found it helpful or you’re just loving the dresses!